REQUEST A TRANSFER
By submitting form we will start to make formal arrangements on behalf of the family / executor. Information submitted will be used to arrange a transfer from place of death into our care,
Once we receive this notification form, we will call the authorised person as directed on this form. Please read "The Guide to who is authorised" at the bottom of this page.
If the person has died in a public hospital the transfer into our care may be delayed until medical certificates have been issued. If they have passed in a nursing home or private home, a doctor, palliative care nurse or other suitably qualified person must visit to exam them to officially declare they have passed. Call us to discuss this process.
Guide to who is authorised :
This form should be completed by the executor of the deceased person's will. If this person is not available or there is no will then the following hierarchy can be used as a guide to identify the next of kin :
Next of kin of a deceased adult means, in the following order of seniority :
- a person who was a spouse or de-facto (including same sex partner) of the deceased immediately before the person's death
- where the deceased person has no spouse or the spouse is not available, a son or daughter of the deceased person, who has attained legal age of 18 years
- where no person referred to in 1 or 2 is available, a parent of the deceased person
- where no person referred to in 1, 2 or 3 is available, a brother or sister of the deceased person, who has attained the age of 18 years
- a parent of the child
- where a parent to the child is not available, a brother or sister of the child, who has attained the age of 18 years
- where no person referred to in point 1 or 2 is available, a person who is guardian of the child immediately before the child's death
If the person who assumes the role of Senior Next of Kin does not wish to provide authority, they may nominate another person as their "delegate". Reason for this delegation must be provided by a separate email to The Natural Funeral Company.
As the "authorised representative of the family, executor or other appropriate person", you understand that if you request The Natural Funeral Company (TNFC) to transfer the above mentioned person and then select a different funeral director, TNFC will charge a transfer fee payable prior to release.