A simple private cremation (known also as direct cremation) for people who don't want a formal funeral service.
Our private cremation has two main options
- The private direct cremation and
- The private direct cremation with a simple committal.
A Private Direct Cremation is without a formal ceremony. A direct cremation removes the formality of a traditional funeral service and procession, ideal for those that do not want a fuss when they are gone or would prefer a memorial service at a later time separate from the cremation.
A Private Direct Cremation with a committal service is a respectful way to say goodbye. A few words are spoken and a better coffin with flowers are provided but it is not as formal as a full service.
Unlike most, our direct cremation includes doctor's medical certificate costs and the cremation permit and costs - something not all providers include - provision of a simple coffin and a viewing.
What is included :
Included in this service:
- Professional services fee
- Cremation fee and permit
- Eco Sensitive 1.8m Coffin
- Mortuary care
- Certified copy of death certificate
- Doctors medical certificates
- Transfer from an Adelaide Public Hospital or the State Coroner
- Viewing of your loved one
What does it cost ?
Private Direct Cremation Only
Our viewing room at Marleston $1,875 incl GST
Our viewing room 'Premium" with better coffin & Flowers $2,500 incl GST Fixed Price
Centennial Park Viewing Room $2,100 incl GST
Enfield Memorial Park $2,350 incl GST
Marleston - Formal viewing with a Classic Range Coffin & Fresh Flowers $2,500 incl GST
Main additional costs
- Transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital during working hours $110 (6.01am-4.59 pm)
- After hours transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital $275 (5pm-11.59pm)
- After hours transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital $375 (12 midnight-6am)
- Newspaper notices
- Normal weekday times apply
- Any additional venue fees
Service best suited for
When a funeral service with a long eulogy is not required. Many times the deceased has outlived most friends, there is only a small family or the wish for no formality.
Our "Intimate Committal Service" includes a better coffin, flowers and short service by our celebrant. Usually lasts about 30 minutes with the opportunity to speak.
Is it available as a prepaid funeral?
This service is available as a fixed price prepaid funeral for an additional fee. All funds are independently invested with your wishes and all products and services detailed.
These services are not available as burial options. However, we do offer a direct burial service that is similar, See Direct Burial in our burial prices page for details on equivalent service.
What to do when someone dies
How to arrange a direct cremation
You can complete the book a funeral to notify us of a death or simply call us 24/7
Complete the plan online form on this website for easy planning from the comfort of your home
Our team will call to talk you through everything.
Once we have clearance, we bring the person who has died into our care
We meet to have you sign the official forms required
- A viewing followed by an unattended cremation takes place
You can collect the ashes from us or the nominated crematorium
When you experience the loss of a loved one, or if you simply need some advice on options and what to do, please feel free to call us.