A sensitive environmentally friendlier private cremation (or direct cremation) is a simple funeral for people who don't want a funeral service. It is the simplest form of cremation.
Our private cremation has two main options
- The private direct cremation and
- The private direct cremation with a simple committal.
A Private Direct Cremation is without a formal ceremony. A direct cremation removes the formality of a traditional funeral service and procession, ideal for those that do not want a fuss when they are gone or would prefer a memorial service at a later time separate from the cremation.
A Private Direct Cremation with a committal service is a respectful way to say goodbye. A few words are spoken and a better coffin with flowers are provided but it is not as formal as a full service.
Our Private Direct Cremation costs from just $1,850 and includes doctor's medical certificate costs and the cremation permit and costs - something not all providers include - provision of a simple coffin and the cremated remains available within 48 hours of the cremation taking place.
What is included :
Included in this service:
- Professional services fee
- Cremation fee and permit
- Eco Sensitive 1.8m Coffin
- Mortuary care
- Certified copy of death certificate
- Doctors medical certificates
- Transfer from an Adelaide Public Hospital or the State Coroner
- Viewing of your loved one
What does it cost ?
Private Direct Cremation Only
Our viewing room at Marleston $1,850 incl GST
Centennial Park Viewing Room $2,100 incl GST
Enfield Memorial Park $2,350 incl GST
Marleston - Formal viewing with a Classic Range Coffin & Fresh Flowers $2,500 incl GST
Marleston - Formal viewing and Intimate Service $2,985 incl GST
- Transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital during working hours $100 (6.01am-4.59 pm)
- After hours transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital $275 (5pm-11.59pm)
- After hours transfer from aged care/private home/private hospital $375 (12 midnight-6am)
- Newspaper notices
- Normal weekday times apply
- Any additional venue fees
When a funeral service with a long eulogy is not required. Many times the deceased has outlived most friends, there is only a small family or the wish for no formality.
Our "Intimate Committal Service" includes a better coffin, flowers and short service by our celebrant. Usually lasts about 30 minutes with the opportunity to speak.
This service is available as a fixed price prepaid funeral for an additional fee. All funds are independently invested with your wishes and all products and services detailed.
These services are not available as burial options. However, we do offer a direct burial service that is similar, See Direct Burial in our burial prices page for details on equivalent service.
When you experience the loss of a loved one, or if you simply need some advice on options and what to do, please feel free to call us.